Monday, August 4, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!!

Steph, Megan and I have returned safely from Sin City! We did, however, come home later then we wanted to. We missed our flight on Saturday and the next flight to Salt Lake wasn't until the next morning. Apparently you have to check in 45 minutes before the flight leaves and we checked in 36 minutes. We had to pay the difference between our flight price and this new flight price and it was $150 each! Wowzer!! We also had to pay for another night in our hotel. I have had many people ask me why we didn't just rent a car and drive home, it would have been cheaper. I tell those people "shutup", we didn't think of it. :) That was just one of the many advertures we had.

We were able to go to the Star Trek Experience at the Hilton Hotel. It was soooooo much fun! We rode both the rides and went through the museum. We also did the back stage door. I'd tell you about it but we signed a confidentiality form. We came on our trip in the first place so Megan could do the Star Trek Experience so I won't go into too much detail because that was her part of the trip. I'm going to give her a copy of the pictures I took of her with Star Trek creatures so you'll have to hear about that on her blog. So check out her blog to learn more about the Star Trek portion of our vacation. p.s. if any of you have a billion dollars lying around, the Star Trek Experience could use it.

That night went and saw a Cirque Du Solei (however you spell it) show. It was called Le Reve and it was at The Wynn Hotel and Casino. A 5 Star and 5 Diamond Hotel. Very ritsy, very nice! If I had the money I'd stay there! The show was a lot of fun and amazing! The actor/dancer/extremely talented people used muscles I don't think I'll ever use.

Megan and Candice

Stephanie and Candice

Stephanie and Megan

After the show we walked through the hotel and walked through the high end shops. While we were window shopping I came upon my mecha! My store of all stores!! My holy land!! The Manolo Blahnik store!!! (those are shoes for those who don't know). We went in and met the nicest sales lady (with a huge ring on her finger-she's getting married in October). I found a pair of shoes that I fell in love with. And Steph, being the loving friend she is, asked the lady if I could try them on and she let me!!!

My feet have never looked so good!! So after you have fallen in love my feet in these shoes, I will tell you the cost...$685.00. Yup!!! The shoes stayed at the store. Mind you, Megan and Steph had to drag me out of the store, but I certainly enjoyed it. I like nice, pretty things.

Well, I'll stop for now about the trip. I'll write more later after I get more pictures from Megan and Steph. Now back to the real world. Sad.

6 comments:

Erica said...

Looks like fun! :^)

Stephanie said...

What a ball!

Ohhh those shoes....
*drooling*

Miss Megan said...

Considering how tired and crabby we were on Saturday afternoon, it would have been a bad idea to try to drive home anyway...

Sarahbina said...

You were really close in spelling Cirque De Soleil! I bet you had really fun!

Steph said...

sounds like a fun weekend... you have the best friends!

Colleen said...

Your feet look hot in those shoes. P.S. - I love you, how come I'm not listed on the side of your blog?