Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What A Day!

Today started out ok. I was actually on time for work. I got there and my boss wished me a Happy Admin day. He asked me if I had any plans for lunch because he wanted to take me out for admin day. I had a few annoyances in the morning but other than that things were good. We had a really nice lunch (yummy Tucanos at the Gateway) and nice conversations. Then it went down hill in a scary way.

I left my office around 1:45 or so to go to my doctor's appointment. The rain was POURING down. I felt like I was driving through a lake. My car was also making a weird noise. It sounded like I was dragging something. So the rain and my car making a weird sound, I started to freak out a bit. Those of you who know me well know that driving in storms scares me. I pulled to the side of the road and called Hutch. I started to cry and asked him if he would be able to leave work and get me and take me to my appointment. He couldn't because he was the only one in the office to answer the phone. I know he felt so bad and frustrated to say that but there wasn't anything he could do. I didn't want to impose on anyone else to drive all the way to SL and then drive me to Sandy for an appointment. I asked Hutch to call my doctor's office and tell them that I'll be late to my appointment. I got on the freeway and things seemed ok. I got to the point of I-15 southbound where I-80 splits from I-15 and my car stopped accelerating. Luckily I was in the right lane so I moved into the shoulder and my car died. I thank Heavenly Father for allowing me to get to the shoulder. That's the moment I broke down. I broke down hard. I called Hutch and through my hysterics told him what happened. We talked about it and I told him I'd call my sister Becky and see if she can come and get me. I called my sister and through hysterics told her what happened. I feel sorry because apparently when you're pregnant and you call your sister in hysterics, she freaks out thinking someone happened with the baby. Sorry Becky!! Becky said she was on her way. I hung up with her and couldn't stop crying. I knew that I'd hyperventilate if I didn't settle down. I then called my mom so I'd have someone to talk to. I also learned that calling your mom upset has the same affect as calling your sister. Sorry Mom! My mom and I talked until Becky and my brother in law Chad arrived. Thanks mom for helping me calm down. Chad brought his truck and hooked my car up with a chain and strap to tow it. That was a scary ride. Thanks Becky for being the one to drive my car. I couldn't do it. We got the car to my brother in laws shop and he's going to check it out. Becky than drove me to my doctor's appointment very late. Luckily my mom called my doctor's office too and explained what happened. They said to come when I can. I stayed at Becky's house until Hutch got of work and got me. Thankfully I have wonderful niece and nephews who gave me lots of hugs. Chad said that my car might be shot but he'll check it deeper and see.

I know! What. A. Day! Sitting on the side of the freeway, in a rain storm, with semi's driving by is scarier than I thought. I'm so thankful for my family and their willingness to drop everything and help. We are now a one car family and we'll see how that goes before we decide to buy a new one or get my car fixed.

I am very grateful that I was blessed to be safe and protected. I'm thankful that I was watched over and blessed with a family who is so willing to help. I love each and every one of then.

2 comments:

Mandee Lue said...

Oh my goodness! HOW SCARY!! I'm so glad you're okay, that baby Perrin is okay, and that you were so blessed and protected today! WOW what a day indeed!

Tiff said...

Scary! I am so happy you were safe. You have a great family.