Sunday, October 23, 2011

Saturday is Fun Day!

Saturday we had the opportunity to have my sister's kids spend the day with us. We had a lot fun! It helped that I had planned things to do a head of time. When they arrived we were outside raking leaves so they played in the leaves for a while.
 Here is Fancy Nancy, Dooku, Batman and Agent P playing in the leaves. They had fun. We went into the house for a bit to get drinks of water then went back outside to the backyard to color the cement with sidewalk chalk. Even P had fun. He liked carrying the container around which made it harder for us to get chalk but not impossible. Here is everyone drawing pictures.




I even had fun coloring. I impressed them with my drawing skills. I can make a pretty awesome pumpkin, butterfly and flower. After playing with the chalk, we went back inside. The kids started watching Ghostbusters II. I started making lunch. We had homemade corn dogs and cheese sticks. The cheese sticks are like corn dogs but cheese instead of the hot dogs. It was the first time Hutch and I had made them. Thankfully Dooku is a genius and helped us out. We had a hard time getting the batter to stay on the dogs. He suggested wiping the hot dogs off so they are dry. It worked great! He helped us make them and had a lot of fun doing so. The kids LOVED lunch! They had seconds. Even P loved it!

After lunch we finished watching Ghostbusters II. What a great movie! Then we painted pumpkins. I bought some small pumpkins and pulled out my paints. I cut up some sponges to use to paint. The kids wore old dress shirts of Hutchs to help keep their clothes clean. Just put P in his diaper. We're glad we did. Here's a video of him painting. He seems really gentle and clean with his painting.
It pretty much went downhill from there with the painting. He noticed that it was more fun to paint himself than then pumpkin.


/
The rest of the kids did a great job at keeping the painting on their plates and on the pumpkins.


Here they are with their finished pumpkins. This photo was taken at the end of the day because I wanted to make sure they were dry before they held them. Fancy Nancy had also just woken up from a nap. Batman is eating a spiderweb cookie that I had made for them.

After we played with toys for a while and Dooku watched some episodes of "School House Rocks" (yes, I own the DVD) we went back outside for awhile and played in the leaves. The kids helped us rake up the leaves into one big pile. They then jumped in the leaves and took turns burying each other.


They are really great kids and even helped us bag up the leaves. I think they got frustrated that even though we raked up the leaves, more leaves get falling. Once we got the big pile in bags, we gave up on the other leaves and just played. We tired them out pretty good. Once we went inside they just wanted to sit and lay around and watched a movie. We let them, we were tired too. We watched "Astro Boy" until their dad came and got them.

It was a really fun Saturday! I'm so thankful to have such wonderful niece and nephews, I love them a lot. I'm excited for the next time we get to play together.

1 comment:

MeLynn and Greg said...

What a fun aunt you are! It definitely helps to plan your strategy before they get there otherwise they're just bored. I can't believe how grown up everyone is looking! We must be really old!